Studies have shown that trust and confidence in top leadership is the single most reliable predictor of employee satisfaction in an organization.
Effective communication by leadership in three critical areas is the key to winning organizational trust and confidence, and involves:
3 Critical areas of communication:
- 1. Helping employees understand the company’s overall Vision.
- 2. Helping employees understand how they contribute to achieving this Vision.
- 3. Sharing information with employees on both how the company is doing and how an employee’s own division or department is doing – relative to the company’s Vision.
To build your dream team you must be trustworthy and you have to be able to communicate your vision of where you are going. At my company we do this with our Vision, Mission, and Culture document. It is a document that we created to communicate our company’s expectations. We communicate the VMC and these expectations during our interview process and throughout the relationship that our company has with its team members.
Do you have a VMC? If not, what do you use to communicate your expectations to new team members?
Do you want to create a VMC? See below for some quick points to get you started.
- Create of Vision that speaks to the next 15 -20 years.
- The Vision is the “what” and the Mission Statement is the “How” your going to achieve your vision.
- Break your culture up into 4 key areas of expectations. 1. Your expectations as the leader. 2. Your customers expectations. 3. Your employees expectations. 4. The expectations of your business as a whole.
If you enjoyed this post, I would be grateful if you helped spread the word by emailing it to a friend or sharing it on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook. Thank you!